Re: every release of emacs, i have to fix comint

From: Tadeus Prastowo
Subject: Re: every release of emacs, i have to fix comint
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 09:03:31 +0200

On Sat, May 4, 2019 at 1:40 AM Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> wrote:

> i am surprised that nobody else notices the lack of bash prompt
> coloring in shell mode?

I noticed it when I used Emacs 24 shipped with Ubuntu 16.04.  I got
the color back by something like what you do but more elaborate based
on git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git at commit
792d44b3c31d2a682607ab8b79ae7d26b7402f41 that solves
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20084.

But, since Emacs 25, I have no need to do what you do anymore because
it has been fixed.  To get the coloring, I have the following in my
.emacs:

(custom-set-faces '(comint-highlight-prompt ((t nil))))

HTH.

--
Best regards,
Tadeus