Re: How do we copy rectangular selected region

From: mickbert
Subject: Re: How do we copy rectangular selected region
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 10:40:16 +0200

On 05.05.2019 09:21, Budi wrote:
How can we copy  rectangular selected region on latest emacs
we paste it as line region instead
how do such by script elisp.. thanks in advance

I use a temporary buffer, (like "*scratch*", but anything else is the same):
- select rectangle and copy it: M-x copy-rectangle-as-kill
- yank rectangle in in temporary buffer: C-x r y
- select what has just been yanked: C-x C-x
- move it in the kill-ring: C-w
- go to destination buffer and yank: C-y

I didn't know the command copy-rectangle-as-kill before; I used to kill the rectangle then re-yank, or undo, every time!
--
Mick