Re: Why is Elisp slow?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Why is Elisp slow?
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 04:16:59 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> Are there not young people and university
>> students who would love such a challenge?
>
> There are, but they usually consider that
> applying those ideas to
> Javascript/Python/younameit is more
> worthwhile than applying it to Elisp.

Is there a tutorial to get them going? I only
read "Compiler Design" at the university, which
means I'm not qualified. But I'm sure you are.
It doesn't have to be a long article. Like
this [1] is enough. If you or anyone else does
it, I can help with the edit, only... if you do
it, I think you'd do all that as well.

[1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/cols/www/COLORS

--
underground experts united