Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 17:28:46 +0200

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> I think one of the biggest "failures" in this monster thread is, IMHO,
> the failure to realize that different people are... different.
>
> I keep reading things like "ergonomic", "consistent", etc. as if the
> authors had the ultimate yardstick for that.
>
> Go tell a pro violinist that the way she holds her violin is unergonomic.

Musculoskeletal & nervous injuries are common among musicians, pro and
not-pro. Not so common as among keyboard users, because the former, as
part of their learning, are instructed about correct postures and
exercises.

Ergonomics is a well established discipline. Not exact, but mature
enough to say with a very high level of confidence that certain
practices are harmful.