Re: Is Elisp really that slow? (was: Why is Elisp slow?)

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow? (was: Why is Elisp slow?)
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 06:28:01 +0200

> From: Emanuel Berg <moasenwood@zoho.eu>
> Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 01:09:09 +0200
>
> Now, while that would be interesting to do,
> I think it's pretty clear Elisp would benefit
> from more speed. Maybe it is not slow for its
> purposes, but it ain't fast either, sure is
> my impression.

I have read pretty much all this thread and as Tomas said it quite
well, there is more than speed. Speaking for myself, speed is not of
any concern here. It is fast enough for everything. Other aspects are
of much priority for me: hackability is one of them, accessibility,
portability, stability, etc.

What would you do with more speed that you do not do today ?

--
Xavier Maillard
e/j:xavier@maillard.im                w:www.maillard.im

GPG:                           9983 DCA1 1FAC 8DA7 653A
                               F9AA BA49 09B7 8F04 DE1B