Re: abbrev_defs & capitalised words

From: tomas
Subject: Re: abbrev_defs & capitalised words
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 14:20:59 +0200

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 12:56:02PM +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> >> From: Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com>
> >> Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 08:41:32 +0100
> >>
> >> I'm having a big problem with new words that are added to abbrev_defs if
> >> the word I want it to be is capitalised. How can I get emacs to save it
> >> capitalised please, as its only doing it in lower-case.
> >
> > Did you read the doc string of 'define-abbrev'?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean, so I googled it, which led to [1], [2], and
> finally [3]. And I'm still not sure what you mean! But this might be what you
> mean, from my abbrev_defs  -

Just start an Emacs and type C-h f (that is "describe function"). The
minubuffer asks you for a function name, you type in 'define-abbrev'
(without the quotes), then ENTER.

Alternatively, via the menu: Help -> Describe... -> Describe Function...

This will lead you to the function's documentation string.

Cheers
-- t