Re: How to debug/gdb emacs/runemacs in windows?

From: Shuguang Sun
Subject: Re: How to debug/gdb emacs/runemacs in windows?
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 17:37:16 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> One thing to try is to load the src/.gdbinit file from the Emacs
> distribution before you issue the "run" command, it might help you by
> stopping Emacs earlier, before it does something that destroys the
> stack.  If that doesn't work, put a breakpoint inside some function
> that recentf-edit-list calls, like Fformat perhaps, invoke
> recentf-edit-list, then step through the code until you see where it
> crashes.
>
> (The above is based on incomplete information, because you didn't
> explain how recentf-edit-list is called, and what exactly is in your
> private pdumper file.)

Thanks. It is really help me. I tried to use edebug (edebug-defun) to
find the issue which is rooted to recentf-dialog-goto-first. Finally
with carefully investigate the dump initiate file, it is found the
(require 'ein-org) triggered the issue. And also the issue of crash when
custumize-group faces.

It may not related to emacs itself.

--
Best Regards