Re: Method to hide minibuffer

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Method to hide minibuffer
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 09:39:32 +0200

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 04:23:57PM +0900, 조성빈 via help-gnu-emacs wrote:
> I would like to hide the minibuffer.
> I’ve searched the web, but couldn’t find any method for hiding the
> minibuffer, but only methods to hide the modeline :-(

The technical term for what you want to disappear
is the "message area". The minibuffer is something
(sometimes) shown whithin that.

Here are some approaches which might do what you
want. TL;DR: you can't totally get rid of it, but
you can confine it to a frame you don't show:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5079466/hide-emacs-echo-area-during-inactivity

HTH
-- t