Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 02:43:11 +0200

Van L wrote:

> Is it possible to have the best of all
> possible worlds?
>
> For conservatives, a winter release of old
> gold keybindings. For the free radicals,
> a spring release with modernizations.

Possible.

> When I use a long M-x sequence, a shortcut
> suggestion appears. It disappears before
> I can catch it. Can it stay for 30 seconds?

That should be configurable easily if you find
the variable - go fish!

> Can there be an instant interactive override
> to set it whatever you like?
> Evolutionary programming of popular custom
> keybindings collected at upstream and put
> thru obstacle course competition is one way
> of composing a spring release.

Hm, perhaps you should put your literary
talents to use in a fancy quarterly
"Emacs World" magazine? I'd read it, for sure.
Only perhaps you need an editor, to make the
material a bit more readily digestible. (Here,
I'm not volunteering tho.) That said, don't
stop writing here for the love of it...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573