RE: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 19:12:33 -0700 (PDT)

> > When I use a long M-x sequence, a shortcut
> > suggestion appears. It disappears before
> > I can catch it. Can it stay for 30 seconds?
>
> That should be configurable easily if you find
> the variable - go fish!

https://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/48763/105

C-h v echo-keystrokes:

echo-keystrokes is a variable defined in C source code.

Its value is 1

Documentation:

Nonzero means echo unfinished commands after this many seconds of pause.

The value may be integer or floating point. If the value is zero, don't echo at
all.

You can customize this variable.

---

(You really should get your email fixed, BTW, so that
to your private email address.  I had to substitute
the mailing list for the latter by hand.)