Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 07:16:48 +0200

Óscar Fuentes wrote:

> Ergonomics is a well established discipline.
> Not exact, but mature enough to say with
> a very high level of confidence that certain
> practices are harmful.

The best ergonomic thing I ever did was to get
a projector and have Emacs displayed on a wall.
That way, you keep your back and head straight.

I actually think this has improved my posture
AFK as well - people always tell me I have good
posture!

Once I entered a muay Thai fight club and when
I addressed the club owner (who is a champion,
let be in a small sport, small sport here that
is), when I addressed the owner with some
practical question, he immediately straightened
his whole body and filled his chest with air!

A muay Thai champ! I didn't know Emacs could
do that :)

The second best thing I did was to get rid of
the mouse. I did both some ten years ago and
the reason was then I had severe eye problems.

The eye problems wasn't because of computer
use, but because of shampoo getting into my
eyes! But I didn't know that, and it still hurt
the most when I did computers (I did CS at the
university at that time) so naturally I thought
it was the computers that caused it, so
I started configure everything to limit the
strain, and the two biggest changes was the
projector and the mouse.

Now, eye problems are gone but I stick with
almost everything I did back then, as it makes
sense regardless IMO.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573