Re: Ctrl-[ ?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Ctrl-[ ?
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2019 02:31:50 +0200

Francis Belliveau <f.belliveau@comcast.net> writes:

> I think that a lot of you are missing the point that was made early on
> in the discussion. This mapping of ASCII cntrol characters is a
> definition made by convention since the day of the Teletype machines.
> It is how the ASCII character set was defined.

So what? Why a GUI user should be inconvenienced or prevented to bind
C-i, C-[, etc. to whatever he pleases the same way he binds any other
key combination? You can't bind C-[ on a terminal, because there is a
technical limitation, ok. But why you can't bind it either on a GUI,
where the technical limitation does not exist?