Re: Using gdb (windows popping up)

From: jonetsu
Subject: Re: Using gdb (windows popping up)
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2019 12:58:08 -0400

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 12:18:23 -0400
jonetsu <jonetsu@teksavvy.com> wrote:

> ... Until the debugged app outputs something.  Then yes, the problem
> with a new emacs instance popping is solved, but emacs insists on
> replacing the source code with the output window.

Found out that this is solved by setting the following variable to
non-nil (default is nil) :

gdb-display-io-nopopup

Also saw that there are incredible people with lots of patience, as
this Stack Exchange post on this topic shows, with the subject:

"How can I prevent gdb *input/output* buffer from aggressively popping
up in frame?"

The above solution is presented and the reply was:

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! This has been an irritation for me for
years!"

I mean, years ?  I couldn't stand it for a day ! :)