Re: Using gdb (windows popping up)

From: jonetsu
Subject: Re: Using gdb (windows popping up)
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2019 15:48:56 -0400

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 15:33:03 -0400
Noam Postavsky <npostavs@gmail.com> wrote:

> (I have no opinion on the gdb-many-windows settings, but) you seem to
> be conflating frames with "sessions" or "instances". A single Emacs
> instance/session can have multiple frames, i.e., it's the same set of
> buffers, variables, etc.

Yes, I'm terrible with those terms and definitions.  I meant a distinct
emacs instance in this case.

It also means that I'm not quite sure about frames.  Windows seems to
be what can be divided by using C-x 2, c-x 3.  In each window is a
buffer.  When having several buffers shown in various windows, that can
be saved using C-x r w [key] and recalled using C-x j [key].  Several
windows/buffers placements can be saved and recalled that way.

And so, what are frames actually ?