Two problems with sieve-manage

From: George Hartzell
Subject: Two problems with sieve-manage
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 08:11:27 -0700

I've been trying to use sieve-manage in GNU Emacs 26.1 on a Mac with
dovecot-pigeonhole-0.5.6 on a FreeBSD 12 system.

I've run into a few problems:

1. I can start sieve-manage, use the `f` key with the `<new script>`
   line highlighted, edit a script, and use `C-c C-l` to upload it to
   the server.

   The problem is that the script, on the server, is named `<new
   script>.sieve`, which is awkward.

   But worse, if/when I restart sieve-manage it offers me two choices,
   one labeled `<new script>` (which is the button to create a new
   script) and one which is the existing script which was saved under
   that same name.

   I've tried renaming the buffer, but the code has a preference for
   `sieve-buffer-script-name`.

   Is there some way to rename the buffer?

2. If I create a script directly on the server (e.g. `ape.sieve`) then
   start sieve-manage, I'm offered the chance to edit it.  If I move
   the highlighting to `ape.sieve` then use `f` to edit it, emacs
   becomes unresponsive.  I can break out of it with C-g.

   But, I've had it work once or twice.  I haven't figure out how to
   repeat it.

   If I look in `*sieve-manage-log*`, I can see that emacs has sent
   `GETSCRIPT "ape"` and I can see the text of the script in the
   response.

   I'm not sure what it's waiting for.

3. If I mess up my authentication info, I'm never given a chance to
   re-enter it.  When I enter the server name, it goes ahead and
   re-uses the bad info and fails.  The only way I've been able to
   figure out to be reprompted is to restart emacs.

I'd appreciate any feedback from folks who are using sieve-mode and
sieve-manage.

Thanks,

g.