Re: HyRolo experiments

From: tomas
Subject: Re: HyRolo experiments
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 17:35:35 +0200

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 09:13:08AM -0400, jonetsu wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 06:20:07 +0200
> Xavier Maillard <xavier@maillard.im> wrote:
>
> > HyRolo is part of a fantastic (but very unknown) package named
> > GNU Hyperbole.
>
> The first thing that comes to mind is, how does it differ from orgmode
> (eg. what are the benefits) ?

Quoting from [1]:
  "In contrast to Org mode, Hyperbole features work across all
   Emacs modes. Hyperbole speeds your work by turning all kinds
   of textual references into clickable hyperlinks"

I won't quote all, because reading yourself is most of the fun ;-)
See also the ref there [2].

The gist seems to be that's not "either/or" but that they rather
complement each other.

Cheers

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/hyperbole/hyperbole.html#summary
[2] https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Hyperbole