need for speed: lexical vs dynamic scope

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: need for speed: lexical vs dynamic scope
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 07:24:58 +0200

OK, so all my Elisp code, 116 files, except for
<5, made the transition lexical/static mode so
far without problem of magnitude. The only
thing that was different was you can't call
(name) unused vars whatever, they should be
typed an underscore (_). At one occasion, I had
two unused args in the sane function and
obviously we can't have them (unused vars?!)
have the same name. So I called them _ and __!
I can't say I like that syntax, of reminds me
too much of Erlang, SML, en especially accursed
Haskell pattern matching! But an easy fix, to
be sure.

About the speed, I haven't noticed much there.
Perhaps dynamic is only slower when it is used?
Because I programed unawarely like I was
denying the whole things...

Why does Enacs get slow? The interactive feel,
I mean. I have but a few advices and no long
hooks. For sure, just loading a bunch of files
that nay even be unused one cannot slow it down
like that, can it?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573