Re: Unable to use `package-refresh-contents`: Bad signature from GNU ELP

From: Nicky Chorley
Subject: Re: Unable to use `package-refresh-contents`: Bad signature from GNU ELPA Signing Agent
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 08:25:11 +0100

Well, I upgraded GnuTLS to 3.6.7 (the latest in Slackware's repos),
but nothing changed. I also tried building the latest version of Emacs
(26.2) just to see if it made a difference, but it didn't.

I also realised that my version of GnuPG 2 is quite old, but don't
know what else is using that. So, I just tried
package-refresh-contents on Emacs 26.2 on a Fedora 30 install (albeit
inside a Docker container), which has a much newer version of GnuPG 2
(2.2.13). The same problem occurred.

This is extremely frustrating!