Re: Two problems with sieve-manage

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Two problems with sieve-manage
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 15:35:59 -0700

George Hartzell <hartzell@alerce.com> writes:

> I've been trying to use sieve-manage in GNU Emacs 26.1 on a Mac with
> dovecot-pigeonhole-0.5.6 on a FreeBSD 12 system.
>
> I've run into a few problems:

I would use report-emacs-bugs to report these properly. It's possible
that I'll have time to look at this in the next week or so, but I don't
have time right now, and having a bug report makes it more likely people
will notice. I can't test at the moment since sieve-manage won't even
log in to the two mail servers that I use :(

As to your last point, you might find it simpler to create a ~/.authinfo
file containing a line like:

You can also pgp-encrypt that file and it will work transparently.

Eric