Re: Scratch buffer : preventing automatic alignment ?

From: Dan Sommers
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer : preventing automatic alignment ?
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 11:51:01 -0400

On 6/14/19 11:04 AM, Noam Postavsky wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 at 10:56, jonetsu <jonetsu@teksavvy.com> wrote:

When using the scratch buffer, any ENTER key will throw the
beginning of the current line at column 1.  A simple work around is to
enter a whole bunch of line feeds then add text within that zone but,

Or use C-q C-j.

is it possible to alter this default behaviour so that entering line
feeds will just leave the current line where it is ?  This is emacs
26.1.

Turn off electric-indent-mode perhaps?

Or switch to text mode.  My *scratch* buffer comes up in
Lisp Interaction Mode, which I think is how/why electric
indent mode comes into play.