Few bugs (perhaps)

From: Sebastian Urban
Subject: Few bugs (perhaps)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 10:55:38 +0200

Hello list,

here is a list of few bugs I found, but because I'm not sure if they
are bugs, so I'm sending them here in one e-mail.  Just reply with
"It's a bug" if it's a bug and I'll send report to bug-gnu-emacs.

Tested on GNU Emacs 26.2 (build 1, i686-w64-mingw32) of 2019-04-13 and
emacs-27.0.50-snapshot-2019-06-08-i686.

* HL line mode
==============

Shouldn't 'hl-line-mode' highlight screen line instead of logical line
when 'visual-line-mode' is active?  For example 'C-a' and 'C-e' change
behaviour.  Internet says that people are using 'hl-line-range-function'
to change default behaviour.  Maybe make it choice list:
- nil for default behaviour,
- some other option for screen line,
- "function" for user to write what he wants,
(I'm writing from perspective of "customize")?

* Secondary selection
=====================

When text is selected, deselecting it is done by clicking 'M-mouse-1',
is this how it suppose to work?  Shouldn't it deselect by simply
clicking 'mouse-1'?

* 'C-z' and resuming
====================

'C-z' runs 'suspend-frame', which on text terminal suspends Emacs and
to resume I should type '%emacs' in terminal.  The problem is this
doesn't work on MS Windows Command line (cmd.exe), I can suspend Emacs
(started with 'emacs -nw') but how do I resume it?  And if there is no
way, then maybe 'C-z' should be disabled for Emacs in MS Windows
Console?

* Version numbers of packages
=============================

Descriptions of 'ada-mode' and 'svg' (both available) show "Other
versions: builtin" without number AND there are no "builtin"
'ada-mode' and 'svg' on the package list *Packages*.

Also 'cl-generic (0.3)' and 'cl-lib (0.6.1)' (both available) show
version number lower than builtin (1.0) - shouldn't it be equal or
greater?

* 'sentence-end-base'
=====================

What are the boundaries for this variable?  Because when I was looking
at 'unicode-bmp' there was few other symbols that could be placed here.

But this time I just wanted to point out to perhaps add this:
- '>' - GREATER-THAN SIGN
(codepoint 62, #o76, #x3e).

And maybe these:
- '»' - RIGHT-POINTING DOUBLE ANGLE QUOTATION MARK
(codepoint 187, #o273, #xbb),
- '›' - SINGLE RIGHT-POINTING ANGLE QUOTATION MARK
(codepoint 8250, #o20072, #x203a).

* Indentation in latex-mode
===========================

If I use 'fill-paragraph' (M-q) on paragraph, inside things like
\footnote{} or \emph{}, if they're long, text is indented with 2
spaces - look below.  I was able to overcome this by setting
'tex-indent-basic' from 2 to 0, but I think it will affect other
indentations I may want.  Is there any other method for this?

Lacus tincidunt ultrices.  Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer
adipiscing elit.\footnote{Quisque ullamcorper placerat ipsum.  Cras
  nibh.  Morbi vel justo vitae lacus tincidunt ultrices.  Lorem ipsum
  dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.}  In hac habitasse
platea dictumst.  Integer tempus convallis augue.  Etiam facilisis.
Nunc elementum fermentum wisi.  Integer tempus convallis augue.

* Ghostscript program name

Variable 'doc-view-ghostscript-program' has value - 'gs' - which is OK
for Unix and VMS, but NOT OK for MS Windows.  It should be 'gswin32c'.
For details look at the table in "How to Use Ghostscript", chapter
"2.1 Help at the command line: gs -h".  Perhaps it should be done as
list of choice?

S. U.