AI and Lisp

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: AI and Lisp
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 20:22:05 +0200

I did AI in Computer School (course completed
in 2012-05-30 [1]) but even tho I've heard Lisp
(or LISP) has its roots in very, very early
AI efforts, to nuke the Soviet Union and such,
but also in terms of the language itself, the
syntax, where you can make a pool of
computations and then have the code change the
operator, sine the operator can be both code
and data... But I didn't pick any of this up
from the course which didn't include any Lisp
at all and was really poor in most (all?)
respects...

So if we think AI beyond some silly algorithm
to find the shortest path an so on and instead
let our minds climb up trees and hide behind
boulders... yes, that sounds about right!

If we think of a 2D game, which we don't have
to write, we just think of it so we now can
think of the AI aspect.

We have one troll, which isn't the OP! :) but
instead a strong, but slow beast, however witty
in terms of engineering.

strong: he can take two hits before he falls

slow: he moves 2/3 the speed of his opponent

witty: he has invented a drill that can destroy
boulders, this takes some time tho

Then we have an elf. The elf can only take one
hit, however it moves at full speed, and can
climb trees. And when in a tree, the troll
cannot see or hurt the elf!

Both are aware of their
opponents characteristics.

They both attack from a distance with
projectiles, the troll with a throwing club and
the elf shooting an arrow.

The playfield is boulders and trees, neither of
which can be passed right thru by the
contestants, or shoot thru with projectiles.

Now how ever below the two moons would one even
go about writing AI for the elf and the troll?

Where do you even start?

[1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/about/cv/CV

--
underground experts united