Re: Rmail: toggle between summary and message buffers

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Rmail: toggle between summary and message buffers
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:17:23 +0200

> Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 11:07:50 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>
> > Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 10:02:21 +0200
> > From: Xavier Maillard <xavier@maillard.im>
> > Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> >
> > > Don't use "C-c C-c".  Use "C-c C-s" instead, and have a separate frame
> > > for the *mail* buffer where you compose and send email.  Then Emacs
> > > will not mess up your windows in the Rmail frame.
> >
> > Do you mean to C-x 5 2 from the *mail* buffer ?
>
> I mean "C-x 5 b *mail* RET" (which should be done only once per Emacs
> session), and then use "C-c C-s" to send mail you composed.

Did it here and it effectively create a new frame but when I press 'r'
or 'm' right from the rmail-message buffer, it just splits my current
frame into two windows and it shows me the *mail* buffer right
here. It also displays the *mail* buffer into the separated (and
dedicated frame) though.

I did try it with emacs -q just to be sure I did not something wrong,
same behaviour.

Do you get this too ?

Thanks anyway, going C-c C-s is a neat tip (I must adapt to it now but
it is okay).

        - xma

GPG:  BA4909B7 8F04DE1B