Comment syntax

From: Alex Branham
Subject: Comment syntax
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 21:35:30 -0500

Hello -

I am trying to write Emacs support for a major mode where * (an
asterisk) starts a comment, but only if * is at the beginning of the
line (comments started this way end at the end of the line). I've read
through (info "(elisp) Syntax Flags") about how to support this but
nothing there seems to help (unless I missed something, which is very
possible.) Is there a way to get bol-* recognized as starting a comment?

Any pointers appreciated,
Alex