Re: Does emacs cache something on windows when invoking call-process?

From: Eighty Megabytes
Subject: Re: Does emacs cache something on windows when invoking call-process?
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 07:31:32 +0200 (CEST)

> One more case of virus software being not just useless but even harmful.
> Just say no!

I wonder what the practical infection vectors for windows these days
if one is careful about installing stuff.

I don't install random binaries from the net. I do install precompiled
exes, but those are from known sources (e.g. git, emacs, etc.).

Firefox is a possible vector, because one visits lots of random sites with
it, so it may be possible that a site exploits some yet unknown security
hole.

So the question is: does the latter warrant running a virus a scanner or
is the danger so low that it's better to keep windows defender off?