Re: Does emacs cache something on windows when invoking call-process?

From: Eighty Megabytes
Subject: Re: Does emacs cache something on windows when invoking call-process?
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 10:34:50 +0200 (CEST)

> Even the respectable newspaper websites these days contract with ads agencies
>
> fill the borders of their web pages with random ads.
> And random ads are just that. We may never know what will be shown there.
>
> There *HAVE* been reports of such random ads that insert malware into our PCs.

If the browser is the vector then  the solution could simply be running the
browser in a sandbox
isolated from the rest of the system, so you don't need to do an antivirus for
everything else.

Sure, a very determined attacker could break out of the browser and the sandbox
around it,
but in practice most attackers care about infecting average users, so they
don't think
about being in an other sandbox after cracking the browser's defenses.