Re: How to make emacs stop trying to load /home/sb/.emacs after su to ro

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: How to make emacs stop trying to load /home/sb/.emacs after su to root?
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 20:09:17 +0200

>> I suggest you file a bug report.

> Tried to.  But it was appearently resolved as won't-fix:
>  https://debbugs.gnu.org/db/36/36583.html

> Not a very friendly and helpful response on the resolve, I might note.

Google was more helpful:

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Find-Init.html#Find-Init

"However, if you run Emacs from a shell started by su, Emacs tries to
 find your own .emacs, not that of the user you are currently pretending
 to be. The idea is that you should get your own editor customizations
 even if you are running as the super user."

Hm... this is annoying and new behaviour with emacs 26.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the emacs 25 behaviour back...?

- Steinar