Re: Where to put media demonstrating Gnu Elpa packages?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Where to put media demonstrating Gnu Elpa packages?
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 17:49:01 -0400

>> It could be simple. Just find ANY hosting account and upload video,
>> and provide link to it.
>
> Sure.  But it's a question if Emacs development should rely on something
> like youtube, and if it is only for demonstration stuff.  Also some
> people don't like to run nonfree javascript code on their side.  That's
> why I'm looking for something better than "any".

I don't think he was thinking of youtube, but rather "any random
web-server to which you can add documents".

after which the file is available under
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~monnier/<name>

For bug-reports, this is perfectly sufficient.  For a tutorial to which
you want to refer beginners it might not be as good since the browser
might just decide to download the file and not play it (and also it
probably won't stream, so the playback will only start after the whole
file is downloaded).

        Stefan