Re: 26.2; Strange slowness in some Info nodes

From: ndame
Subject: Re: 26.2; Strange slowness in some Info nodes
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 20:23:06 +0000 (GMT)

> If you have additional fonts installed, beyond those which came with
> Windows out of the box, Emacs will examine them even in "emacs -Q".
> When Emacs needs to find a font for some character, it enumerates all
> the fonts installed on the system, and then examines them to find the
> one that can actually display the character.  This happens even
> without non-default customizations.

Then that must be it, because recently I chose a new emacs base
font and installed several fonts to try them out. I currently
have 196 fonts installed.

Though I don't really get why repeated scrolling down is
slow. I'd think the first one is slow when emacs finds the font
for the character and then subsequent scroll downs should be
quick, because then the font for the character is known.

It would be strange if the cached information were purged from
memory right after it was found and emacs had to find the font
again for the next scroll down.