Re: Where to put media demonstrating Gnu Elpa packages?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Where to put media demonstrating Gnu Elpa packages?
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2019 09:22:18 +0200

* Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> [2019-07-31 02:36]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > Sorry again, I meant simple hosting account, and you do not need to
> > use any HTML neither Javascript.
> >
> > Just like this https://www.example.com/my-files/my-video.ogv
>
> Oh, ok I indeed misunderstood.
>
> That would be a fallback solution.  But as Stefan mentioned, it would
> probably be inconvenient because streaming wouldn't work if you open
> such an url in the browser, right?

I am not sure if that would be "streaming".

Majority of web browsers can open various video files, hosting a video
file is not problematic.

Everybody can host their videos and provide them similarly as YouTube,
just put a file on a web server and it works with any browser that
supports videos.

When it is necessary to enclose it in HTML that also works.

Jean