Re: Overlay after-string with cursor (Stefan Monnier)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Overlay after-string with cursor (Stefan Monnier)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 05:25:36 -0400

> Do I have to re-bind the key map of the overlay so it would accept the
> arrow keys and change the 'cursor property accordingly?

Something like that, most likely, yes.

> more spaces it is harder to navigate inside the files diff. Using the
> arrow keys makes the navigation easier. currently I have synchronized
> both buffers (side A and side B, C and ancestor) to received the arrow
> keys presses on the "ediff help buffer" (I have created a new

Then you can set/change the `cursor` property as part of the synchronization.

The main problem you'll have is that he overlay's after-string will
never be displayed such that only the "second half" is visible, so if
it spans many lines scrolling will "jump" over those many lines.

        Stefan