emacs-client on 25.2.1

From: Perry Smith
Subject: emacs-client on 25.2.1
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 20:06:37 -0500

I am using a Mac and I have an Ubuntu 18.04 remote host with emacs 25.2.1 with
emacs server running via systemd

I do something like: ssh -f target-host emacs-client -n -s

I have XQuarts installed on my Mac as well as my ssh configured to do X11
forwarding.  XQuarts starts and I get an X11 window.  I do M-x shell and start
to work.  All is fine.

I disconnect.  I’ve tried ^X-5-0 or ^X-^C.

Very often, I can reconnect and all is fine.  My shell buffer is there and its
like I would expect

But almost equally as often when I reconnect, the shell buffer is gone.  It
does not appear as if the server has restarted but I suppose I can be more
diligent in checking the age that the emacs server has been running.

I know that this version is sorta old but I’m inside a bank and constrained
with what I can put on this machine.  But I’m wondering if this is / was a
known bug or if I’m doing something wrong.

Thank you,
Perry