Re: Anonymous arguments - Re: comic-book-insult

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Anonymous arguments - Re: comic-book-insult
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 08:19:22 +0200

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2019-09-11 17:36]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> > Cannot find it, help me. I wish to
> > understand it.
>
> Assimilate this:
>
>     (info "(elisp) Using Lexical Binding")

Now I found it, I was looking for "_" instead of "underscore" word,
now I got it. Thanks.

   A simple way to find out which variables need a variable definition
is to byte-compile the source file.  *Note Byte Compilation::.  If a
non-special variable is used outside of a ‘let’ form, the byte-compiler
will warn about reference or assignment to a free variable.  If a
non-special variable is bound but not used within a ‘let’ form, the
byte-compiler will warn about an unused lexical variable.  The
byte-compiler will also issue a warning if you use a special variable as
a function argument.

   (To silence byte-compiler warnings about unused variables, just use a
variable name that start with an underscore.  The byte-compiler
interprets this as an indication that this is a variable known not to be
used.)