Re: nXML highlighting problem

From: Allin Cottrell
Subject: Re: nXML highlighting problem
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 22:26:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019, Yuri Khan wrote:

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 01:32 Allin Cottrell <cottrell@wfu.edu> wrote:

The XML text is shown in "within delimiters" mode not after the very
first apostrophe but after the first apostrophe following an error in
my XML, namely forgetting to escape the "greater than" sign in an
embedded TeX fragment, $k>0$.

Somehow emacs 26.2 took that error in stride, while it chokes emacs
26.3. But not a bug, I guess.

Unescaped greater-than is well-formed in XML. The only case where it MUST
be escaped is when representing a ]]> sequence inside a <!…[…[…]]>.

OK, so the behavior I'm seeing does seem to be a bug in 26.3. I'll
submit a report.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics