Re: Wildcard matching in debbugs-gnu-search - how?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Wildcard matching in debbugs-gnu-search - how?
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2019 20:11:39 +0200

Hi Michael,

>> Well, I haven't tested heavily. If you want, run your tests, and adapt
>> the text according to the results.
>
> What do you want to test - isn't it enough that some test cases don't
> work?  If it should work, that should be fixed.  If it doesn't have to
> work, what do we need to test?  If you don't know if it should work, I
> don't know how to find out.

I'm also short in time, and debbugs is not my primary concern. But so
what ...

I've tested the HyperEstraier search engine using
<https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/search.cgi>, and it looks you are
right. Compare the search for "[BW] gcc AND [EW] gforth" and "[BW] gcc
[EW] gforth". So I have adapted the debbugs-ug manual, again.

> I would prefer if you could care about it.  I have gotten removed two
> wisdom teeth (sorry if the verb is wrong), have a lot of other stuff to
> care about at the moment, and do know completely nothing about debbugs.
> I guess you can do it more efficiently and better.  It doesn't hurry.

I hope it will get better with your Weisheistszaehne! Wish you the best!

> Thanks,
>
> Michael.

Best regards, Michael.