Re: Entering backtrace buffer if displayed information is huge

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Entering backtrace buffer if displayed information is huge
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 14:52:15 +0200

Wolfgang Pausch <wolfgang.pausch@iteg.at> writes:

> Is this "something sensible", or do you mean I should try to set a
> value of print-length directly beside the fact that it's not marked as
> customizable?

Just play around with it, you can use a different Emacs session for
testing - you can later advice the debugger to use a binding that works
well for you.  Should be harmless anyway.

Just do M-: (setq print-length 20) RET or so and see if it helps.
Likewise with print-level (if your backtrace included lots of deeply
nested objects, that might be more effective).

Michael.