Re: Multple emacs config files and Xmacs

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Multple emacs config files and Xmacs
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 03:23:39 +0200

M.R.P. zensky <wintermute24x7@icloud.com> writes:

> Hello I was wondering if I can use multiple emacs config files or if I must
> only have one file.

You can split your configuration in more than one file. I have a
folder ~/.emacs.d/lisp where I put my configuration files.  Then I add
this line to my init file (~/.emacs):

    (add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/.emacs.d/lisp"))

In that folder, I create files named after functionality.  For
example, I have a file named "init-coding-haskell.el" with
customizations for Haskell programming.  That file is loaded
automatically by this line in my init file:

    (require 'init-coding-haskell)

> Also does anyone have experience with xmacs. Is it somehow superior to emacs?

XEmacs is no longer in active development and saw its last release in
January 2009.  It lacks important features, and many popular Emacs
packages (such as org-mode and magit) do not support XEmacs.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas