Re: Question mail package

From: YUE Daian
Subject: Re: Question mail package
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 22:05:22 +0800

On 2019-10-21 14:07, Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> wrote:
> Hi I have a simple question. What are the recommended
> application/package for mailing these days?
>
> I mean, What are the active users and developers using for email? Both
> for the mailing list and the personal email? mu4e, gnus, something else?
>
> And any hint to configure what ever it is?

I have played with Rmail, Gnus, Mew, Mu4e and Notmuch.

I find myself Notmuch suits my needs most.

Its search and tagging facility is really awesome.

I wrote a script to tag emails after fetching them via POP3 protocol
periodically. These mails are then easily accessed through Notmuch.

And it does not change your *real* maildir files.

You may refer to my repository for configuration examples.

https://github.com/sheepduke/emacs-settings

Hope it helps.