Re: How to stop all edebug?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How to stop all edebug?
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 08:43:09 -0400

> I edebug(use edebug-defun) some functions in file.el and then close
> file.el. When I open a new file, emacs aborts and show a buffer with edebug
> error(It can’t find the original buffer to debug).
>
> And I event can’t quit emacs because there are functions in kill-emacs-hook
> which try to open file and save data(such as recentf).

Could you make a bug report for that?

If the source buffer is not available any more (as in your case above),
it's OK for Edebug to complain loudly, but it shouldn't prevent you from
using Emacs normally enough to exit or restore sanity.

E.g. after "aborts and show a buffer with edebug error" it could/should
offer to either cancel the "edebug on entry" or to de-instrument the function.

        Stefan