Re: Question mail package

From: Filipp Gunbin
Subject: Re: Question mail package
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 16:36:45 +0300

On 24/10/2019 21:27 +0800, YUE Daian wrote:

> As for Gnus, I do not think 30 lines will give you a satisfying
> experience compared with other alternatives. I tried. Maybe it was just
> me.
>
> But it has so many concepts related to good old new groups, instead of
> mails. I do not think it is a good idea to recommend it to beginners.

Maybe Gnus manual should have a section on common setups.  I have a
simple setup with 2 accounts in which I fetch all mail locally, and
don't use search (but rather try to keep mailbox - both remote and local
- clean).

To get that, I'm tweaking a handful of variables - namely
message-alternative-emails, gnus-posting-styles, gnus-select-method,
gnus-secondary-select-methods, mail-sources,
message-dont-reply-to-names, nnmail-split-methods.  It's not complex,
but I had to extract information piece by piece from different parts of
the manual.  And sending via different smtp servers is non-obvious, with
custom header "X-Message-SMTP-Method".

Filipp