Re: vc for git users.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: vc for git users.
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 14:59:28 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Bottom line, I don't understand the specifics of the complaint.

I tried explaining Emacs' git support through vc was the other day, and
he just couldn't wrap his head around how easy Emacs makes it.  "But...
but...  staging...  the index...  how...  wha..."  When you're finally
proficient in a nigh-incomprehensible tool like command line git, it
sounds as if something's missing in Emacs somehow.

So I think it might make some sense to write some text that explains
that, indeed, `C-x v v' makes most of that just go away -- you don't
have to think explicitly in those git terms.  And `M-x vc-dir' takes
care of the rest.