Re: iCloud directory access issue on macOS Catalina

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Re: iCloud directory access issue on macOS Catalina
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 13:05:13 -0500

> On Oct 31, 2019, at 11:53 AM, Pankaj Jangid <pankaj.jangid@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> There is a useful discussion on GitHub:
>>> https://github.com/caldwell/build-emacs/issues/84
>>> <https://github.com/caldwell/build-emacs/issues/84>
>>>
>>> Parts of the discussion are specific to the “EmacsOnMacOS” method of
>>> starting emacs but other bits are more general.
>
> I tried to build a fresh. Looks like that the build process is now
> changed in the above repository. New output generated doesn't have the
> ruby script launcher. This new build is working fine on 10.15.1
> (Catalina). It asks for permission and there after it works fine.

I updated to 10.15.1 and I’m not seeing any issues coming back.

When this was first discovered, I poked and playsd with various things
to no success quite a bit and perhaps I’ve got something in a different
state.

But eventually I took the advice of using ns-open-file-using-panel to do
directories on ~/Desktop, Downloads, and Documents (once each) and
I’ve not had any issues since.

I’m using one of the nightly builds of EmacsForMacOS:

GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1894.10
Version 10.15.1 (Build 19B88)) of 2019-10-31

The timestamps indicate Oct. 9th.

pedz