EasyPG not prompting for password, hence getting error

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: EasyPG not prompting for password, hence getting error
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 16:10:44 +0530

When I am trying to write a .gpg encrypted file, EasyPG gets it that it
has to be encrypted. But it is not prompting for any password. Just
throwing this error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Opening output file" "Encrypt
failed" "Exit")
  signal(file-error ("Opening output file" "Encrypt failed" "Exit"))
  epa-file-write-region(nil nil "/Users/pankaj/.authinfo.gpg" nil t
"~/.authinfo.gpg" nil)
  apply(epa-file-write-region (nil nil "/Users/pankaj/.authinfo.gpg" nil t
"~/.authinfo.gpg" nil))
  epa-file-handler(write-region nil nil "/Users/pankaj/.authinfo.gpg" nil t
"~/.authinfo.gpg" nil)
  write-region(nil nil "/Users/pankaj/.authinfo.gpg" nil t "~/.authinfo.gpg")
  basic-save-buffer-2()
  basic-save-buffer-1()
  basic-save-buffer(t)
  save-buffer(1)
  funcall-interactively(save-buffer 1)
  call-interactively(save-buffer nil nil)
  command-execute(save-buffer)

I have tried suggestions around
epa-file-cache-passphrase-for-symmetric-encryption and
"default-cache-ttl 0" in ~/.gpg-agent.conf but none of them worked.

In the *Error* buffer, I am getting this:

Error while encrypting with "/usr/local/bin/gpg":

Warning: Failed to set locale category LC_NUMERIC to en_IN.UTF-8.
Warning: Failed to set locale category LC_TIME to en_IN.UTF-8.
Warning: Failed to set locale category LC_COLLATE to en_IN.UTF-8.
Warning: Failed to set locale category LC_MONETARY to en_IN.UTF-8.
Warning: Failed to set locale category LC_MESSAGES to en_IN.UTF-8.
gpg: problem with the agent: Inappropriate ioctl for device
gpg: error creating passphrase: Operation cancelled
gpg: symmetric encryption of '[stdin]' failed: Operation cancelled

How can I tell EasyPG to prompt for passphrase?

Regards,
--
Pankaj Jangid