Enable/disable theme while using desktop-save-mode

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Enable/disable theme while using desktop-save-mode
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 22:07:43 +0530

Hi,

I have (desktop-save-mode 1) and then enabled one dark mode theme. After
a few days, now I want to disable the theme. Even after I comment out
the theme related code from init.el, some of the theme settings don't go
away. This is because of the way themes are thought out in Emacs.

In Emacs, a theme is not just one setting. It is a collection of
settings that we configure. This allows us to set multiple themes in
sequence. Later settings will prevail finally.

Now, even when I disable all themes, the settings are still saved in
desktop session. Restarting Emacs, loads those settings from saved
desktop. This is where I am stuck.

Is there a way to remove all those settings which were configured by the
theme previously set?

Regards,
--
Pankaj Jangid