Re: Is Gnus mailing list active?

From: Amin Bandali
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 16:05:45 -0500

Pankaj Jangid <p4j@j4d.net> writes:

> sending email to ding-request@gnus.org. It bounced back. I was changing
> my email-ID on all the mailing lists.

It seems to be working.  I just sent an email to ding-request@gnus.org
with the body “subscribe ding” (without the surrounding double-quotes)
and received instructions for confirming my subscription, which I did,
and it seemed to have worked.

> Then, I looked at the website gnus.org. It shows Debian default apache2
> page. The Gnus website is no longer visible.

I can confirm.  Lars, could you please look into this?

> Where are Gnus discussion happening? Here help-gnu-emacs or still at
> ding@gnus.org?

It seems there are primarily two lists now:

- ding@gnus.org, mirrored to gmane.emacs.gnus.general on Gmane, and
- info-gnus-english@gnu.org, mirrored to gmane.emacs.gnus.user on Gmane.

I think I’d seen a mention of info-gnus somewhere at some point, but I
can’t find that anywhere anymore.  There’s also a ding-announce@gnus.org
(gmane.emacs.gnus.announce), but it hasn’t had a post in >3 years now.