Re: Emacs as Java ICE

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Emacs as Java ICE
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 04:40:33 +0000

Dan Čermák <dan.cermak@cgc-instruments.com> writes:
>> I must use Maven, Java and JavaFX.
>>
>> I see there are lot of solutions and it's a little  bit confusing I
>> use Java in an academic environment so I  need have indentation, auto
>> completion and snippets for Java and maven.

> I would suggest to take a look at lsp-mode
> (https://github.com/emacs-lsp/lsp-mode) and lsp-java
> (https://github.com/emacs-lsp/lsp-java).

This works very well for me. The only thing is that you need to
configure LSP server for Java yourself. There are many options for that
but the one that I use is *eclipse.jdt.ls*
(git@github.com:eclipse/eclipse.jdt.ls.git).

Once you build it then set this

(setq lsp-java-server-install-dir (expand-file-name
"<path-to>/eclipse.jdt.ls/org.eclipse.jdt.ls.product/target/repository/"))

Regards,
--
Pankaj Jangid