Re: Best Emacs Mail client.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Best Emacs Mail client.
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 13:29:42 +0100

VanL wrote:

>> OK, what exactly do you do that Gnus needs
>> minutes to perform?
>
> Nothing there, the sysload is at zero
> baseline. I continue on Emacs on separate
> other hardware.

I'm not following...

Anyway I have used Gnus on three different
computers, none of them particularly fast by
today or yesterday's standards, and the RPi
mentioned in the thread (that I'm using as
I type this in a Gnus message buffer) certainly
isn't a beast, and cannot be, either.

I don't know what you guys are up to to make it
so slow, maybe I stumbled upon a brilliant
configuration that solved it. But I sort of
doubt it because the Gnus devel people, well
those who ain't do it as civilians so to speak,
they would have spotted it several times over
by now if it was the simple.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573