Trying to set indent-tabs-mode to nil in f90-mode with .dir-locals.el

From: Alberto Luaces
Subject: Trying to set indent-tabs-mode to nil in f90-mode with .dir-locals.el
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 18:23:04 +0100

Hi,

f90-mode sets by default indent-tabs-mode to nil, which is good for me.

If I want to set automatically (indent-tabs-mode t) for the rest of the
modes, I set .dir-locals.el to

((nil (indent-tabs-mode . t)))

However, that sets the variable to nil even in f90-mode, as expected.
The problem is that I cannot revert that setting for f90-mode even being
specific in .dir-locals.el:

((nil (indent-tabs-mode . t))
 (f90-mode . ((indent-tabs-mode . nil)))) ; It is evaluated to t nevertheless

This is somewhat strange, according to the manual.  Are there any
pointers for further debugging this issue?

Thanks!

--
Alberto