Re: Best Emacs Mail client.

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Best Emacs Mail client.
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 14:42:23 +0000

On Wednesday, 27 Nov 2019 at 18:24, Pankaj Jangid wrote:
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>> AFAIK, Gnus does support Maildir.
>
> It does. But as far as I remember, Gnus stores some extra flags. This
> makes it difficult to sync Maildir using tools like isync, offlineimap
> etc.

and gnus nnmaildir scales very badly in some cases.  I like maildir as I
retrieve email on different systems but I gave up when scanning a group
took minutes.

I use gnus with nnml now with appropriate splitting rules to cater for
the use of multiple systems.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50 & org 9.2.6 on Debian 9.9