Re: Large text files - no line numbers ?

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Large text files - no line numbers ?
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2019 15:57:49 +0100

>>>>> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 09:47:04 -0500, jonetsu <jonetsu@teksavvy.com> said:

    jonetsu> When browsing large text files, 'L??' is shown instead of line
    jonetsu> numbers.  Is it possible to have line numbers, is there an option
hat
    jonetsu> would allow it ?  Would be useful in setting bookmarks.

I assume you mean in the mode line? What's your value of
line-number-display-limit? (and I donʼt think bookmarks depend on
being able to show the line number, at least not the ones created by
'C-x r m')

Robert